Session proposals for 2018 now closed
Our call for session proposals for ContentEd 2018 has now closed. The conference will take place in London (UK) on 14-15 June. Deadline for submissions was Friday 15 December 2017 and our programme will be announced at the end of January 2018.
Time to share your content strategy brilliance with the education sector.
In 2017 the inaugural ContentEd conference inspired a sell-out audience from 12 countries to make leaps forward with their college or university’s content strategy. Here’s a few of the things they said…
“Easily the best conference I have been to.”
“It was one of the best conferences I’ve attended and I cannot believe it was the first one.”
“Can’t wait for ContentEd 2018!”
We’d be fools therefore not to repeat the event in 2018, making it bigger and even better. That’s where you come in!
We’re now on the hunt for session leaders and speakers to join the ContentEd community in London on 14-15 June 2018.
We are looking for…
- Proposals for breakout sessions to last 55 minutes (including Q&A time)
- Speakers who can inspire our audience with new ideas and approaches
- A blend of speakers from in-house roles in education, from related or like-minded sectors, or from consultancies and agencies with a strong understanding of education sector challenges and complex organisations.
Your session proposal should demonstrate
- Best practice in content strategy, design and management
- Case studies, lessons and insights sharing best practice in content strategy in the education sector
- Practical tips and takeaways for our audience.
Possible topics could include
- Developing a content strategy and plan
- Using content strategy to underpin a web redevelopment project
- Using content strategy to for cross-channel approaches
- Audience research, user testing and insights
- Content marketing planning and case studies
- Content structuring and systems design and thinking
- Content strategy for conversation design
- Methods of working, roles, teams and approaches
- Governance and control
- Measuring and evaluating content and content strategy
- Benchmarking and performance monitoring
- Prompting cultural change
- Breaking down organisational silos
- Gaining buy-in and support for content strategy
- Anything else that you think might excite us and our audience!
If your proposal is accepted, you’ll get
- A free place at both days of the conference for one speaker per session, plus all social activities
- Heavily discounted conference place if you want to include a second speaker
- Access to coaching and mentoring from our team to prepare your session
- An invite to our exclusive speakers’ drinks reception on Wednesday 13 June
- The adulation of the whole sector
- Something to brag about to your boss and colleagues.
And the practicalities…
- Proposal deadline is strictly by 23:59 GMT on Friday 15 December 2017
- Proposals must be submitted using the proposal form
- We will review all proposals in January 2018
- The full programme will be announced by end January 2018
- All sessions will be considered equally on merit of the topic, quality of the speaker and their relevant experience
- Agreements with sponsors are treated entirely separately to all proposal submissions and will not influence acceptance of a speaker slot
- Speakers will also be invited to write or be interviewed for blog posts shared on the ContentEd website.