The ContentEd Awards recognise great content strategy work happening in the education sector. The awards will be part of ContentEd 2019, taking place on Thursday 27 June in Edinburgh, Scotland.
1. User Focus Award
2. Better Storytelling Award
3. Pioneer Award
4. Excellence in Content Strategy
5. Collaborator Award
6. Best Content-Led Campaign
The deadline for submissions has now passed. Please see our award rules and guidelines.
This award focuses on an approach to content founded on a thorough understanding of the user. Entries will show the research process that was adopted, the most significant insights gained, and how these clearly led to a shift in organisational thinking towards a more user-centred approach.
This award rewards strategies that took an innovative approach to the kind of stories being told by an institution and the methods employed to tell them.
This award recognises a leader in the sector. A pioneer is someone who is breaking new ground in the type of content being created (substance and structure) or in the strategic approach to content within an institution (workflow, governance, collaboration).
The winner of this award must show excellence in multiple aspects of content strategy. They should demonstrate a deep understanding of the discipline. The judges will also be looking for individuals or teams with a track record of championing the principles of content strategy in the education sector.
This award recognises institutions or teams who are breaking through silos and creating a lasting culture of collaboration through their approach to content strategy.
This award recognises outstanding examples of institutions employing creative content strategy at the forefront of a campaign. This campaign could focus on recruitment, awareness raising, fundraising or another measurable organisational goal.
The ContentEd Awards ceremony will take place on the evening of Thursday 27 June 2019 at Dynamic Earth in Edinburgh, Scotland. The cost of attending the ceremony is included in your registration fee for ContentEd.
If you don’t plan to attend the conference but wish to attend the awards ceremony, please let us know.
There is a one-time application fee of £50, whether you enter one award or all six. Once you have submitted an entry for an award(s), we will send an invoice for this amount to the email provided.
Our panel of judges are all experts in the sector, whether in-house or in an agency team.
– Tracy Playle (lead judge) – CEO and Chief Content Strategist, Pickle Jar Communications
– Richard Prowse – Head of Digital, University of Bath
– Cameron Pegg – Freelance Content Strategist
– Dave Penney – Associate Director of Communications, Nottingham Trent University
– Robert Mills – Head of Content, GatherContent
– Pamela Agar – Associate Director for Projects (External Relations, Communications and Marketing), St George’s University of London
– Amanda Costello – Lead Content Strategist, College of Education and Human Development, University of Minnesota
If you are interested in sponsoring the ContentEd Awards, we would love to hear from you. Get in touch.