Session proposals for 2019 are open
Our call for session proposals for ContentEd 2019 is now open. Deadline for submissions is Friday 14 December 2018 and our programme will be announced at the end of January 2019.
It’s time to share your content strategy brilliance with the education sector.
For two years, the ContentEd conference has inspired an international audience from various institutions across the world to make leaps forward with their school, college or university’s content strategy.
We’re now on the hunt for session leaders and speakers to join the ContentEd community in Edinburgh on 27-28 June 2019.
We are looking for…
- Proposals for breakout sessions to last 55 minutes (including Q&A time)
- Speakers who can inspire our audience with new ideas and approaches
- A blend of speakers from in-house roles in education, from related or like-minded sectors, or from consultancies and agencies with a strong understanding of education sector challenges and complex organisations (who don’t intend to “sell” to our audience through their session).
Your session proposal should demonstrate…
- Best practice in content strategy, design and management
- Case studies, lessons and insights sharing best practice in content strategy in the education sector
- Practical tips, tools or takeaways for our audience to implement in their day-to-day roles.
Possible topics could include
- Developing a content strategy and plan
- Using content strategy to underpin a web redevelopment project
- Using content strategy to for cross-channel approaches
- Audience research, user testing and insights
- Content marketing planning and case studies
- Content structuring and systems design and thinking
- Content strategy for conversation design
- Content creation, storytelling, and user journey mapping
- Personalisation, automation, or new and emerging technologies
- Methods of working, roles, teams and approaches
- Governance and control
- Accessibility and usability
- Measuring and evaluating content and content strategy
- Benchmarking and performance monitoring
- Prompting cultural change
- Breaking down organisational silos
- Gaining buy-in and support for content strategy
- Anything else that you think might excite us and our audience!
If your proposal is accepted, you’ll get…
- A free place at both days of the conference for one speaker per session, plus all social activities
- Heavily discounted conference place if you want to include a second speaker
- Access to coaching and mentoring from our team to prepare your session
- An invite to our exclusive speakers’ drinks reception on Wednesday 26 June 2019
- The adulation of the whole sector
- Something to brag about to your boss and colleagues.
And the practicalities…
- Proposal deadline is strictly by 23:59 GMT on Friday 14 December 2018
- Proposals must be submitted using the ContentEd 2019 proposal form
- We will review all proposals throughout December and January
- The full programme will be announced by the end of January 2019
- All sessions will be considered equally on merit of the topic, quality of the speaker and their relevant experience
- Agreements with sponsors are treated entirely separately to all proposal submissions and will not influence acceptance of a speaker slot. We do not offer any “sponsored” sessions
- Speakers will also be invited to write or be interviewed for blog posts shared on the ContentEd website.