Session proposals for 2020 are now closed
Our call for session proposals for ContentEd 2020 is now closed. ContentEd 2020 will be held in Bristol (UK) on 11-12 June.
For three years, the ContentEd conference has inspired an international audience from various institutions across the world to make leaps forward with their school, college or university’s content strategy.
We have now closed our call for session leaders and speakers to join the ContentEd community in Bristol on 11-12 June 2020.
We are looking for…
- Proposals for breakout sessions to last 55 minutes (including Q&A time)
- Speakers who can inspire our audience with new ideas and approaches
- A blend of speakers from in-house roles in education, from related or like-minded sectors, or from consultancies and agencies with a strong understanding of education sector challenges and complex organisations (who don’t intend to “sell” to our audience through their session).
Your session proposal should demonstrate…
- Best practice in content strategy, design and management
- Case studies, lessons and insights sharing best practice in content strategy in the education sector
- Practical tips, tools or takeaways for our audience to implement in their day-to-day roles.
Possible topics could include…
- Developing a content strategy and plan
- Using content strategy to underpin a web redevelopment project
- Using content strategy to for cross-channel approaches
- Audience research, user testing and insights
- Content marketing planning and case studies
- Content structuring and systems design and thinking
- Content strategy for conversation design
- Content creation, storytelling, and user journey mapping
- Personalisation, automation, or new and emerging technologies
- Methods of working, roles, teams and approaches
- Governance and control
- Accessibility and usability
- Measuring and evaluating content and content strategy
- Benchmarking and performance monitoring
- Prompting cultural change
- Breaking down organisational silos
- Gaining buy-in and support for content strategy
- Anything else that you think might excite us and our audience!
If your proposal is accepted, you’ll get…
- A free place at both days of the conference for one speaker per session, plus all social activities
- Heavily discounted conference place if you want to include a second speaker
- Access to coaching and mentoring from our team to prepare your session
- An invite to our exclusive speakers’ drinks reception on Wednesday 10 June 2020
- The adulation of the whole sector
- Something to brag about to your boss and colleagues.
And the practicalities…
- Proposal deadline was strictly by 23:59 GMT on Friday 29th November 2019
- We will review all proposals throughout December and January
- The full programme will be announced by the end of January 2020
- All sessions will be considered equally on merit of the topic, quality of the speaker and their relevant experience
- Agreements with sponsors are treated entirely separately to all proposal submissions and will not influence acceptance of a speaker slot. We do not offer any “sponsored” sessions.
- Speakers will also be invited to write or be interviewed for blog posts shared on the ContentEd website.