We're looking for volunteers to support the smooth running of ContentEd Conference in Edinburgh this June.
This is an open call for volunteers to work at our two-day conference, ContentEd, held in Edinburgh on 27 and 28 June.
● Not got budget to attend the conference?
● Looking to learn more about content strategy from sector leaders?
● Or do you want to add experience to your CV?
ContentEd is a content strategy conference for the education sector and is the first in Europe of its kind. Held in Edinburgh, the event will see marketing and communications professionals from universities, colleges and schools learn about creating and managing content from leading international speakers through a series of talks and workshops.
We are looking to put together a team of volunteers who will work together with the event hosts, Pickle Jar Communications, to manage the exciting two-day event. Volunteers should have an interest in digital marketing and/or event management, and be an organised team player with excellent communication skills. Over the course of two days, you will be involved with:
● Delegate registration
● Event stewarding, including helping delegates access talks, sessions and workshops
● Seeking feedback from delegates through hands-on research and survey analysis
● Helping with administration each day
● Liaising with event staff from Pickle Jar Communications and the conference venue staff to ensure the conference runs smoothly
● Answering questions from delegates, speakers and sponsors
In return for your hard work at the conference, we can offer the following benefits to each volunteer:
● A free two-day pass to ContentEd, with access to talks and workshops enabling you to gain insight into how content strategy is applied in the education sector
● Boost your CV with experience in event management, marketing, communications and administration
● Exclusive entry to the VIP speaker event on Wednesday night
● A chance to make connections with delegates and speakers from across the globe
● Meet and socialise with like-minded volunteers
● Complimentary two-course lunch and refreshments throughout the day and the conference social on Thursday evening
● Free t-shirt and goody bag
If you would like to apply to be a volunteer, please send a short covering letter and a copy of your CV addressed to Rachel Smith at email@example.com.